CXP Pluggable I/O Interconnect
TE Connectivity CXP connector and cage assembly offers 12 channels of 10 Gbps data rates for 120 Gbps of total bandwidth in one-piece press-fit assembly. TE CXP system complies with InfiniBand CXP 12x QDR and IEEE 100 Gbps Ethernet standards and enables pluggable copper or optical cable options. The system has been engineered for applications in highspeed data environments with EMI gasketing at bezel opening and EMI springs for plug-to-receptacle containment. It provides one-step placement to the host board and comes with multiple heat-sink, lightpipe and EMI/dust plug options. Enhanced Footprint (EF), dual sourced footprint offers reduced cross-talk and improved electrical performance.
TE also offers a complement of fiber optic cable assemblies with CXP fiber paths to
interconnect CXP transceivers to CXP, QSFP+ and SFP+ transceivers. All are available with
OM2 and OM3 fiber as a standard offering, with OM4 being available upon request.
- Standard CXP interface complies with InfiniBand CXP 12x QDR and IEEE 100 Gbps Ethernet
- Provides 12 channels of 10 Gbps data rates for 120Gbps of total bandwidth in one-piece press-fit assembly
- Enhanced Footprint (EF), dualsourced footprint offers reduced cross-talk addressing concerns of initial CXP release
- Pre-assembled (one-piece) connector and cage assembly offers one-step placement to the board
- EMI gasketing at bezel opening and EMI springs for plug-to receptacle containment
- CXP cages accommodate belly-to-belly mounting (can be applied to both sides of the board)
- Offering includes multiple heat-sink, lightpipe and EMI/dust plug options to fit customer applications
- Controller Cards and Servers
- Network Switches
- Storage Devices
- Direct Attached Storage (DAS)
- Storage Attached Networks (SAN)
- Network Attached Storage (NAS)
CXP Pluggable I/O Interconnect (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.