TE Connectivity MULTIGIG RT Product Overview
MULTIGIG RT product is a backplane interconnect family that offers levels of flexibility
and customization never before seen in the industry. This printed circuit based, pinless, interconnect family is comprised of modular components which can be used in a variety of combinations. The connectors in this innovatively flexible platform can be combined to provide the density, data throughput, and signal integrity required for any application in today's computer, communications, military, medical, or industrial control industries.
The use of printed circuit wafers in this connector system allows for cost effective sequencing and electrical customization of the connector. Wafers can be manufactured specifically for differential or signal ended performance and the impedance, propagation delay, and crosstalk of the connector can be altered per customer requirements. This scalable board to backplane connector family is a robust, "pinless" design which eliminates the pin field on backplane boards and reduces the end user's exposure to field failure in card cage systems.
The MULTIGIG RT 2 interconnect was selected for the VITA 46 VPX standard for rugged embedded computing applications. MULTIGIG RT 2-R connectors offer a quad-redundant backplane contact and ruggedized guide hardware to withstand extreme vibration environments.
MULTIGIG RT Connectors - Receptacle
MULTIGIG RT Connectors - Plug
- Customizable impedance matched printed circuit wafer interface
- Inverse sex backplane connector system with “pinless” interface
- Superior crosstalk performance
- Optimized footprints for signal integrity and ease of board design
- Utilizes a 0.56 [.022] diameter via for lower cost board fabrication
- Three levels of signal contact sequencing
- Telcordia/Bellcore compliant
- Available in modular or monoblock style
- Available for 20.30mm [0.8] or 25.40mm [1.0] card pitch systems
- Durability rated for 200 Cycles
- Fully compatible with MP based fiber optic array interconnects
- Guide hardware available that meets the VITA 41 and/or VITA 46 standards
- Complete connector family includes power modules, guidance modules and cable assemblies
- Aerospace and defense
- Telecommunications equipment
- Midrange servers
- High end servers
- High-speed custom platforms
- Mass data storage
- Rugged, mission-critical applications
- Servers/Blade Servers
MULTIGIG RT Catalog (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.
Quick Reference Guide (.pdf)
MULTIGIG RT Flyer (.pdf)