Pluggable I/O Products Overview
The pluggable I/O interface offers significant advantages as a high speed I/O interconnect. With a standard equipment I/O interface and the flexibility of pluggable modules come the options for fiber and copper links, and various data rates and protocols.
TE Connectivity (TE) has always been a leader in the development of pluggable I/O standards. TE continues to be engaged in new pluggable interface standards to support the rapidly changing market needs for higher bandwidth, and remains and industry leader with the technical expertise required to deliver superior designs for signal integrity and EMI at higher data rates.
- Supports higher data rates than traditional copper interfaces (e.g., RJ-45)
- Adds capability for optical cabling
- Provides a standard interface at the equipment and allows customer to choose transceiver modules and cables based on the application
- Modules/cables are configured for protocol, data rate, copper/optics, … offering flexibility at installation.
- Standards supported include Fibre Channel, InfiniBand, Ethernet and SONET
- Any high density, high speed I/O application in Storage, Networking, Supercomputing, Telecom
- Network Interface Cards (NICs)
Pluggable I/O Solutions Quick Reference Guide (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.
Pluggable I/O Solutions Product Presentation (.pdf)