The zQSFP+ (z-Quad Small Form-factor Pluggable Plus) connector and cage assembly is a high-density, high-speed product solution designed for applications in the telecommunications, data center and networking markets. The interconnect offers four channels of high-speed differential signals with data rates ranging from 25 Gbps up to potentially 40 Gbps, and will meet 100 Gbps Ethernet (4x25 Gbps) and 100 Gbps 4X InfiniBand Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) requirements.
To make system upgrades simple and effortless, the zQSFP+ interconnect is backwards-compatible with existing, broadly-established QSFP+ optical modules and cable assemblies. Designed with an enhanced electromagnetic interference (EMI) cage, the product helps to provide excellent thermal performance and EMI protection. Through a coupled, narrow-edged, blanked- and formed- contact geometry and insert molding design, the zQSFP+ interconnect exhibits superior signal integrity, mechanical and electrical performance. It can be used in current 10-Gbps and 16-Gbps applications with substantial margin.
The zQSFP+ connector and cage assembly is offered as a dual source option with Molex Incorporated.
zQSFP+ 1x1 cage assembly behind bezel
zQSFP+ 1x1 cage assembly behind bezel with heat sink
zQSFP+ Connector Assembly
- Backwards-compatible to QSFP+ optical modules/cable assemblies through mating interface that is identical to QSFP+ products
- Enhanced EMI cage for excellent thermal performance and EMI protection
- 1x1 single port/1x3 ganged cages with heat sink and light pipe options
- Coupled, narrow-edged, blanked- and formed-contact geometry and insert molding for superior signal integrity, mechanical and electrical performance
- Staggered press-fit pins to accommodate belly-to-belly applications and enable the use of both sides of a PCB for space savings
- High-temperature, thermoplastic housing to withstand lead-free processing
- Telecommunications: Cellular infrastructure, Access routers and switches, Servers, Switches
- Data Center: Servers, Storage
- Medical: Medical diagnostic equipment, Networking
- Network Interface: Switches, Routers, Storage
- Test and measurement equipment
z-Quad Small Form-factor Pluggable Plus (zQSFP+) Interconnect System (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.