TE Connectivity's High Density Backplane Connector (Z-PACK TinMan)
The new Z-PACK TinMan Backplane Connector family is a cost-effective solution for customers searching for a high density, high performance backplane interconnect system.
The Z-PACK TinMan Connector design follows proven industry backplane convention by offering a fully protected right-angle receptacle for use on daughtercards where handling damage can be a concern when mating to a vertical male header. This connector permits field repairability at either the module or single pin levels.
Ground contacts positioned within each column of the connector, combined with unique contact lead frame arrangements, enable the Z-PACK TinMan Connector to achieve low crosstalk and high through-put performance levels. Reliability is assured with a dual point of contact mating interface and compliant pin interface to the printed circuit board.
- 10+ Gb/s performance
- 100 ohm Impedance for Differential Pair configuration
- 5 pair version offers 26 pairs/10mm [66 differential pairs/inch] fitting within a 25.40 [1.00] card slot pitch
- 4 pair version offers 21 pairs/10mm [53 differential pairs/inch] fitting within a 20.30 [.800] card slot pitch
- 3 pair version offers 16 pairs/10mm [40 differential pairs/inch] fitting within a 16.25 [.625] card slot pitch
- Right angle pin headers (coplanar) in 3 pair, 4 pair and 5 pair versions
- Vertical receptacles (parallel board) in 4 pair version
- Reliable, redundant contact design on every signal contact
- Modular system offered in various column versions
- Meets Industry reliability requirements of Bellcore/Telcordia
- Sequencing for ground and signal contacts
- RoHS Compliant
Please click on the links below for more information.