TE Connectivity's 400R Wire & Cable
TE Connectivity introduces the new 400R Wire & Cable product as a new rail-approved Wire & Cable product for the USA market. The 400R is a North American rail approved, limited fire hazard wire & cable complaint to the NFPA 130-2010 standard, which means that the wire will be approved on most USA rail projects.
With TE Connectivity's polymer & cross linking technology, the dual wall jacket insulation is light weight, thin walled leading to reduce bundle volume and total weight.
The robust dual wall design resists damage and stope notch propagation while the small size allows for easy installation. This product has terrific electrical performance due to the core layer, good oil resistance and will reduce operating costs.
- Light weight, thin walled leading to reduce bundle volume and total weight.
- Approximately 30% lighter than conventional thick walled wire, giving significant energy savings to the end user.
- Approximately 50% saving in bulk of wire giving more room for the train designer, builder and passengers.
- Compliant to USA rail standards NFPA 130 and BSS Standards, meaning it is suitable to be used in passage trains close to passengers.
- Temperature rating 150°C continuous
- Voltage rating 600v, 1000v, 2500v
- Robust dual wall design resists damage and stops notch propagation and the small size allows for easy installation.
- Good oil resistance as well as reduces operating costs.
- Low smoke and fume generation under fire conditions.
- Rail Market rolling stock
- Underground Metro Tunnels
- All signal & power applications for wire and cable in the rolling stock & tunnels
TE Connectivity 400R Wire & Cable (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.