BEI Sensors' Electronic Modules Divide-By Module option provides a method to divide the effective resolution and signal frequency of a quardrature output incremental encoder. The Divide By option is available with the BEI Optical Isolator and Broadcaster. The module receives quardrature counts from an incremental encoder and divides them by a predetermined integer value. The index signal is passed through without modification. When combined with the Optical Isolator a single encoder can be used to feed different control devices, synchronizing their outputs at different ratios. This can lower parts count and reduce overall system costs.
This module accepts single ended or differential inputs and divides the signal by a factory set number from 2 to 256. The resulting output signal is a reduced resolution of the input signal. Ideal for use in machine retrofitting and for applications where a different resolution output is needed from the same encoder source.
- Accepts single-ended or differential inputs
- Divides signal by a factory set number from 2-256
- Ideal for use in machine retrofitting and for applications where a different resolution output is needed from the same encoder source
Standards & Specifications:
- The optical isolator can accommodate standard operating voltages from 5 to 28 VDC
- The module draws approximately 75 mA and a green LED indicates the unit is powered
- Dual Channel in quadrature plus index and complements
- Supply lines protected against over voltage to 60 volts and reverse voltage
- Package dimensions are 114.4 mm high by 99 mm wide by 22.5 mm thick
BEI Electronic Modules Encoder Signal Broadcaster(.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.